Helping you to heal your relationship with food
Ditch the diets, break free from food rules and rediscover the joy of food. One-to-one support with a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant.
Do you feel the need to justify eating a particular food?
Do you feel guilty about eating something because it’s seen as ‘bad’, ‘off track’ or ‘unhealthy’? Do you feel uneasy when eating in social situations because it’s food you wouldn’t normally eat? You’re not alone.
You’ve started a new diet regime, this one will work. It promises you’ll lose your tummy fat and feel fitter and healthier than ever. You restrict your portions and cut out carbs! The first few weeks go well but then you feel tired, lethargic, your progress slows. So you start skipping lunch. But by the evening you find yourself reaching for the biscuit tin to curb the hunger and stress of the day. On top of this you find you’re obsessing about calories and sugars all the time.
Each time we embark on a fad diet, it erodes our ability to trust our body’s instincts and know how to feed ourselves. Disordered eating patterns develop and our body image gets distorted. We feel powerless and fearful around food as we no longer know what to eat for the best.
I help you feel liberated around food again
I’m Lydia, I support you to let-go of food rules and tune in to what your body needs.
I’ll listen to you, gathering information not only on your current food habits and diet choices but your symptoms, your medical history, lifestyle and daily routines which all influence the decisions we make.
Coupled with this, we will explore your thoughts and feelings surrounding your food and lifestyle decisions. I use a toolkit of strategies, which includes teaching you how to question hunger, feel fullness and manage the emotional pull towards food. You will learn to eat intuitively so that you meet your nutrition needs and feel in control of your food choices.
This is tailored and truly bespoke to you. With a fresh, non-diet approach we’ll find room for the foods you love, whilst reshaping your eating habits.
Are you ready to take a fresh look at your relationship with food?
Learn my 6 Pillars so you can Eat Better Today and heal your relationship with food.
Work with me one-to-one if:
- You’re ready to challenge your food beliefs and eating behaviours to feel excited about food.
- You want to feel confident around food again.
- You’re ready to ditch the diets and need a fresh, non-diet approach for your weight.
- You’re ready to gain clarity about what to eat for the best.
- You’re ready to put yourself first. Feel empowered to take control of your nutrition and wellbeing.
This is not for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix.
- You want a meal plan. Instead I will teach you how to create your own meal plan.
- You’re suffering with an active eating disorder.
Take a look at my at Better Today Blog where I’ll bring you evidence-based guidance and information.
Eat Better Assessment
Check you’re on the right lines. Work with me to assess your current diet and give you a fresh personalised overview.
- 2 one-to-one appointments.
- Initial 60-minute assessment plus one 30 minute follow up.
- Assessment of your health questionnaire, daily routines, past and current dietary intake.
- Support and guidance on your individual needs.
- Short bespoke teaching session depending on your questions or concerns.
- Bespoke summary goals sheet with clear and simple actions for you to take forward.
- To be used within 2 months of purchase.
The Explore, Nourish & Restore Programme.
£595 (payment plan available)
Invest in yourself. Work with me to break free from diets, food rules and regain control around food again.
- 6 one-to-one appointments.
- Initial 75-minute consultation plus 5 further follow ups lasting 45 minutes.
- We meet online every 1-3 weeks so we don’t lose momentum.
- Sessions focussed on my evidence-based 6 pillars.
- Resources and activities to work on between sessions.
- Unlimited email contact between sessions so you’re not alone.
- To be used within 6 months of purchase.
Why work with me?
It’s not only the what to eat but the why and how to eat that will lead to lasting change.
- Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant with nearly 20 years’ experience in weight management and women’s health.
- Driven by a passion for food and health with a belief that we should nourish our bodies and support a healthy relationship with what we eat.
- You will receive friendly, expert advice that is rooted in science and delivered to suit your needs.
- I bring together food and nutrition, eating behaviours and self-care.
Ready to rediscover the joy of food again?
Client Story: Meet Andy
Andy felt the need to justify his food intake and felt guilty when he’d eaten something ‘bad’ or ‘unhealthy’.
Andy was struggling with his relationship with food which was affecting his ability to socialise. A friend’s recent social media post on restrictive eating resonated with him and made him realise that his eating habits had got out of control.
Unfortunately, I do not support people with an active eating disorder. If you think you or a loved one is suffering with an eating disorder then seek specialist advice. The charity ‘Beat Eating Disorders’ is a good place to start as well as talking to your GP.
The work I do with clients focuses on improving their relationship with food from a holistic and weight-inlcusive perspective. We can and will discuss weight, we just need to put it into context with your health and wellbeing. Weight loss may occur as you find peace with food and make lifestyle changes. However, pursuing it at all costs is not helpful long term.
Body image concerns are a big driver for eating difficulties and we know that weight loss does not automatically mean improved health. I encourage you to shift some of the focus away from the scales as you heal your relationship with food. The focus is on both physical and mental wellbeing and food flexibility.
Read more about clients I’ve worked with in Client Stories.