Manage your weight for good
Ditch the diets, learn how to nourish your body and make lasting changes to your eating habits and lifestyle. One-to-one weight management support with a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant.
Are you fed up of yo-yo dieting?
Do you lose weight quickly and then regain it just as fast once the diet is finished? Is your head full of ‘should’ and ‘should nots’ because you’re confused by all the different dieting messages out there? You’re not alone.
We start a new diet with hope and anticipation of feeling fitter, healthier and achieving the weight loss we’ve always dreamed of. The first few weeks go well but then you feel tired, lethargic, your weight loss slows, and a friend invites you out for coffee or dinner. What do you do? Cake is carbs and they’re forbidden on your diet! You have it anyway but then the guilt kicks in. Thoughts of ‘I’ve blown it’, ‘I’m a failure’, I’ll never lose weight’ run through your head. Dieting is hard.
We often over restrict, have unrealistic expectations and set ourselves up to fail from the start. You may also have a health condition which means the ‘one size fits all’ approach just doesn’t work for you.
I'll help you find enjoyment and happiness around food again
I’m Lydia, I support you to manage your weight and improve your relationship with food.
You will no longer feel overwhelmed by mixed messages and food choices. I’ll work with you one-to-one, gathering information not only on your current food habits and diet choices but your symptoms, your medical history, lifestyle and daily routines which all influence the decisions we make.
Where appropriate, we will explore your thoughts and feelings surrounding your food choices and lifestyle decisions. I have a toolkit of strategies, both for practical food suggestions and to help you build that better relationship with food for the future. I’ll help you understand how your emotional reactions impact your food behaviours so that you can break that dieting cycle for good!
This is tailored and truly bespoke to you. We’ll find room for that piece of cake and a glass of wine.
Are you ready to make long-term changes to your diet and lifestyle?
Learn my 6 Pillars so you can Eat Better Today and manage your weight long-term
Work with me one-to-one if:
- You’re ready to ditch the diets and need a fresh, non-diet approach for your weight.
- You’re ready to gain clarity about what to eat for the best.
- You want to feel inspired to make lasting changes for your health.
- You’re ready to challenge your food beliefs and eating behaviours to feel excited about food again.
- You’re ready to put yourself first. Feel empowered to take control of your nutrition and wellbeing.
This is not for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix.
- You want a meal plan. Instead I will teach you how to create your own meal plan.
Take a look at my at Better Today Blog where I’ll bring you evidence-based guidance and information.
Eat Better Assessment
Check you’re on the right lines. Work with me to assess your current diet and give you a fresh personalised overview.
- Two 1:1 appointments.
- Initial 60-minute assessment plus one 30 minute follow up.
- Assessment of your health questionnaire, daily routines, past and current dietary intake.
- Support and guidance on your individual needs.
- Short bespoke teaching session depending on your questions or concerns.
- Bespoke summary goals sheet with clear and simple actions for you to take forward.
- To be used within 2 months of purchase.
The Explore, Nourish & Restore Programme
£595 (payment plan available)
Invest in yourself. Work with me to break free from diets, food rules and manage your weight for good.
- Six 1:1 appointments.
- Initial 75-minute consultation plus 5 further follow ups lasting 45 minutes.
- We meet online every 1-3 weeks so we don’t lose momentum.
- Sessions focussed on my evidence-based 6 pillars.
- Resources and activities to work on between sessions.
- Unlimited email contact between sessions so you’re not alone.
- To be used within 6 months of purchase.
Why work with me?
It’s not only the what to eat but the why and how to eat that will lead to lasting change.
- Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant with nearly 20 years’ experience in weight management and women’s health.
- Driven by a passion for food and health with a belief that we should nourish our bodies and support a healthy relationship with what we eat.
- You will receive friendly, expert advice that is rooted in science and delivered to suit your needs.
- I bring together food and nutrition, eating behaviours and self-care.
Ready to stop wasting money on the latest fad and manage your weight for good?
Client Story: Meet Greg
Greg was sceptical about seeking support from a Dietitian because he felt he had a pretty good idea of what a healthy diet looked like.
His spinal surgeon suggested that he needed to address his weight to support a longstanding spinal issue and cardiac health. After a few sessions with me, his attitude evolved and through coaching conversations Greg adjusted his food and eating habits to support his long-term health.
No. But I’ll teach you how to create your own meal plan.
In my experience meal plans are short lived. Initially they work because the thinking has been done for you. However, it doesn’t help you when you just don’t fancy oily fish that evening or your friend asks you out for dinner. In situations like this it can become another restrictive tool that you need to follow.
Instead I’ll give you the tools to create your own, flexible, meal and snack plan that works for your lifestyle and that of your family.
Yes. I can assess your needs, diet and lifestyle. Your health is at the heart of what I do. Therefore, my work is evidence-based and holistic, designed to create solid foundations for lasting change. Achieving weight loss is very individual and by working together you will learn how to create healthy habits so you can reach your goals long term.
At the moment my one-to-one work is online via Zoom meetings. The positive being that we can chat from the comfort of our own homes with a cuppa and our slippers on! I’ll aim to be as flexible as I can so if this is a problem, do call me for a chat.
This is so we don’t lose momentum. Our regular meetings allow us to work together so that you can get the best results and make the progress you desire.
The work I do with clients focuses on improving their relationship with food from a holistic and weight-inclusive perspective. We can and will discuss weight, we just need to put it into context with your health and wellbeing. Weight loss may occur as you find peace with food and make lifestyle changes. However, pursuing it at all costs is not helpful long term.
Body image concerns are a big driver for eating difficulties and we know that weight loss does not automatically mean improved health. I encourage you to shift some of the focus away from the scales as you heal your relationship with food. The focus is on both physical and mental wellbeing and food flexibility.
Also known as intuitive eating. It is about tuning into your internal hunger and satiety cues rather than external or emotional triggers. It also recognises that all foods serve a variety of purposes which is dependent on the situation in which they are eaten.
Only you know if you’re ready. But consider it, if you’re stuck in the cycle of dieting and feeling like your ‘on or off’ a diet. You feel anxious or guilty about specific foods, feel that food dominates your life in an unhealthy way or struggle with emotional eating.
I have a wealth of experience in a wide variety of clinical conditions including:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Fertility, Pregnancy & breastfeeding nutrition
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Low FODMAP trained)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Raised cholesterol and heart health
- High blood pressure
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Rehab after illness or surgery
If you need to follow certain food restrictions e.g. gluten free, or if you eat a plant based diet then do let me know as I can accommodate this.
I do not offer allergy testing or treat specific food allergies. Please see these links for further information. Food Allergy and Food Intolerance Testing | British Dietetic Association (BDA) Allergy Food Fact Sheet | British Dietetic Association (BDA)
Read more about clients I’ve worked with in my Client Stories.