Supporting you through the Perimenopause and Menopause
Nourish your body, with ease and confidence, through your menopause years. One-to-one support with a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant.
Are you starting to think of the changes that lie ahead with the menopause?
Can you feel your body shape changing even though you’re eating the same? Perhaps you’re worried or frustrated with menopausal weight gain and trying every diet out there to control it. But at what cost to your health?
Menopause marks a significant time in a woman’s life. Fluctuating hormone levels can bring about all sorts of symptoms which affect how we feel about ourselves. Not only do we need to deal with these, but also prepare and nourish our future selves.
There are key nutrients to consider during the perimenopause and after menopause. But with so many mixed nutrition messages, it can be hard to know what and who to believe. This confusion, on top of your busy life, possible past dieting baggage, menopausal symptoms and personal health needs can make choosing food and maintaining healthy habits challenging.
I help you feel confident to manage your menopause
I’m Lydia, I’ll bust the myths and guide you safely through the steps to nourish your menopause years.
Learn how nutrition can support and alleviate some symptoms. Understand your changing bodies and give them the respect and compassion they deserve. Now it’s time to navigate these changing years with ease and confidence. My approach is a holistic one which supports any medical treatments you may have.
I’ll listen to you, gathering information not only on your current food habits and diet choices but your symptoms, your medical history, lifestyle and daily routines which all influence the decisions we make.
Where appropriate, we will explore your thoughts and feelings surrounding your food choices and lifestyle decisions. With years of experience, I have a toolkit of strategies, both for practical food and lifestyle suggestions whilst supporting a healthy relationship with what you eat.
This is tailored and truly bespoke to you. With a fresh, non-diet approach we’ll find room for the foods you love whilst nourishing your body through the menopause.
Are you ready to make time for yourself?
Learn my 6 Pillars so you can Master the Menopause and Eat Better Today
Work with me one-to-one if:
- You’re ready to gain clarity about what and how to eat for the menopause.
- You’re ready to challenge your food beliefs and eating behaviours for lasting change.
- You want to feel confident and excited around food again.
- You’ve had a lifetime of yo-yo dieting and need a fresh, non-diet approach for your weight through the menopause.
- You’re ready to put yourself first. Feel empowered to take control of your nutrition and wellbeing.
This is not for you if:
- You are looking for a quick fix.
- You want a meal plan. Instead I will teach you how to create your own meal plan.
Take a look at my at Better Today Blog where I’ll bring you evidence-based guidance and information.
Eat Better for your Menopause
Check you’re on the right lines. Work with me to assess your current diet and give you a fresh personalised overview.
- 2 one-to-one appointments.
- Initial 60-minute assessment plus one 30 minute follow up.
- Assessment of your health questionnaire, daily routines, past and current dietary intake.
- Support and guidance on your individual needs.
- Short bespoke teaching session depending on your questions or concerns.
- Bespoke summary goals sheet with clear and simple actions for you to take forward.
- To be used within 2 months of purchase.
The Explore, Nourish & Restore Programme
£595 (payment plan available)
Invest in yourself. Work with me to break free from diets and feel confident managing your weight and relationship with food through your menopause years.
- 6 one-to-one appointments.
- Initial 75-minute consultation plus 5 further follow ups lasting 45 minutes.
- We meet online every 1-3 weeks so we don’t lose momentum.
- Sessions focussed on my evidence-based 6 pillars.
- Resources and activities to work on between sessions.
- Unlimited email contact between sessions so you’re not alone.
- To be used within 6 months of purchase.
Why work with me?
Health is at the heart of what I do. It’s not only the what to eat but the why and how to eat that will lead to lasting change.
- Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Consultant with nearly 20 years’ experience in weight management and women’s health.
- Driven by a passion for food and health with a belief that we should nourish our mind and bodies, supporting a healthy relationship with what we eat.
- You will receive friendly, expert advice that is rooted in science and delivered to suit your needs.
- I bring together food and nutrition, eating behaviours and self-care.
Ready to understand your changing body and nourish the menopause years?
Client Story: Meet Eileen
Eileen felt the menopause and her underactive thyroid were the reason why she had struggled to maintain her weight for 14 years.
Eileen felt unhappy with her weight and confused by all that she’d read on the internet. Therefore, she was keen for a review of her diet to see if there was anything she could improve on. After three sessions with me she now ‘wakes up every day feeling energised and refreshed’.
The work I do with clients focuses on improving their relationship with food from a holistic and weight-inlcusive perspective. We can and will discuss weight, we just need to put it into context with your health and wellbeing. Weight loss may occur as you find peace with food and make lifestyle changes. However, pursuing it at all costs is not helpful long term.
Body image concerns are a big driver for eating difficulties and we know that weight loss does not automatically mean improved health. I encourage you to shift some of the focus away from the scales as you heal your relationship with food. The focus is on both physical and mental wellbeing and food flexibility.
I have a wealth of experience in a wide variety of clinical conditions including:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Fertility, Pregnancy & breastfeeding nutrition
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Low FODMAP trained)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Raised cholesterol and heart health
- High blood pressure
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Rehab after illness or surgery
If you need to follow certain food restrictions e.g. gluten free, or if you eat a plant-based diet then do let me know as I can accommodate this.
I do not offer allergy testing or treat food specific allergies. Please see these links for further information. Food Allergy and Food Intolerance Testing | British Dietetic Association (BDA) Allergy Food Fact Sheet | British Dietetic Association (BDA)
Read more about clients I’ve worked with in Client Stories.